I opened my fridge and discovered a half-full bottle of orange blossom water. I used this bottle during the summer to flavor pistachio ice cream that I was religiously making during the summer. She was calling me… begging me to use her in something! I listened and thus these delicious cookies were born.
For those who aren’t familiar with orange blossom water, please do familiarize yourself. Orange blossom water is the distilled essence of orange blossoms. It is used as a flavoring for many baked goods, sweets, drinks, life, etc. I highly recommend that you find yourself a bottle and bake these cookies.
Makes 3 dozen
- 200g Flour
- 45g Almond Flour
- 130g Butter
- 125g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Orange Blossom Water
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter with sugar, orange zest, orange blossom water and vanilla. Add in egg until fully mixed.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Shape the dough into a log and wrap in cling film. Chill for two hours.
- Once the dough has firmed up, preheat oven to 170C.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough 3cm thick. Arrange the cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet 3cm apart.
- Bake for 12 – 14 mins.