When I was a child, my mother would have to go to work early. She would drop me off at my friend Jessica’s house to eat breakfast. Often, Jessica’s mother would make french toast. I have fond memories of these breakfasts and especially the french toast she would make. I’ve lightened up the typical french toast recipe by adding nonfat yogurt and honey. The result is very soft, mildly sweet and with a custardy texture. This recipe is super fast and easy to make, which is perfect when you want something delicious but don’t want to put much effort into it. Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
- 8 Slices Soft Bread
- 450g Nonfat Yogurt
- 4 Eggs
- 3 TBS Orange Blossom Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash Nutmeg
- 1 TB Butter
- Mix eggs together. Add vanilla, yogurt, honey, nutmeg, and cinnamon. If you have difficulty pouring the honey, measure it out first and heat it in the microwave for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Toast bread for 3 mins and let cool. The purpose of this is to dry it out to give the french toast an even creamier texture.
- Place slices of bread in the mixture and coat both sides. Let soak for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 TB butter in a frying pan with medium-high heat and melt. Place the slices of coated bread into the pan.
- Flip after 3-4 mins once the bread starts to turn golden. Let the bread fry for another 3-4 mins on the other side.
- Enjoy with maple syrup, butter, berries, honey, nuts or whatever your little heart desires. I choose to top my french toast with bananas, maple syrup, and walnuts.